Baked Donuts with Peach Compote & Maple Syrup
Try these vegan and gluten-free baked donuts for a fun brunch recipe!
Write a review
- 1 c garbanzo flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder dissolved in 1 tsp water
- ¼ c sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ c thawed frozen peaches
- dash of cinnamon/cardamom/nutmeg
- spritz of lemon
- Set the oven to 375. Mix the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil in the microwave in a 2 cup glass measuring cup.
- Add the arrowroot and water mixture, sugar, and honey to the butter and oil mixture. Once the sugar is dissolved, add it to the dry ingredients.
- Grease a mini donut pan with coconut oil and fill each donut hole ½ full of batter to leave room for it to rise. Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the peach compote, purée the 3 ingredients and once the donuts are cool, fill the center with the peach compote and drizzle with pure maple syrup.
- SK Tip: Add a piece of dried fruit and granola for garnish. Try using strawberries or apples instead of peaches!
SK Parfait http://skparfait.com/